Monday, August 10, 2009

Good News, Bad News

First the bad news. For the next month, I will be working an hour extra every day. So instead of an 8 hour day, I'll have a 9 hour day. Bleah. Why am I so blessed?

The good news, G20 summit is coming to the 'Burgh and working downtown will be WAY too difficult. The options given to our IT department were work from home risking a dropped connection, take personal time, or do make up hours for the three days and take the days off. I opted for the last one.

With my cousin getting married that Saturday and my crazy aunts (you know who you are :) ) coming in, it seemed like the best option. Just this time? Can you please give me a better Danny's hoagie heads up?

Tomorrow I'm going to try for pictures. Tonight seems risky as the lights are already flickering.

1 comment:

DPUTiger said...

With an event at Phipps and an event planned for on-campus at CMU, Chris is expecting to telecommute a couple of days as well. I'm so glad that there's no reason I need to come close to downtown while that's going on! Nice big Mt. Washington between me and the craziness. I just hope the city pulls this off safely.