Monday, February 16, 2009

On Hold

Well Postwar Mittens are on hold while I do some gifty knits. First I've started on Little Roxie Helga's Mystery Gift. I'd show you but we don't want Mom to see yet. :) Let's just say that those who HAVE seen it exclaimed over it. I knew it was nice but didn't expect that. I've also started on some Bib O' Loves. I got a rainbow of colors to start working them up. I just need buttons for closures. They will be distributed amongst all three prego ladies I know.

Second, I did my classic Babies & Bears for my cousin's first baby. Laurie did a Devan and both were totally adored.



I also did this lovely number for my mother for her birthday. It's from Luxury Yarn 101 One Skein Wonders. Silk Fountain Hood. I used 2 skeins of Debbie Bliss Pure Silk. Totally divine to work with and it didn't break the budget either.

Speaking of budgets, I skipped the Pgh Knit & Crochet Festival as the Celtic Consort is currently waiting to hear if he'll still have a job. Kind of bad form to buy a TON of yarn (including Vesper Sock) when we may need to worry about buying food. Well maybe not that bad but still a tight budget.
Now I'm back to the surprise knit....

1 comment:

DPUTiger said...

I will testify that the "sekrit baby girl knitting" is AWESOME. I had a blast on Sunday at the festival, but I also had a cash-stash saved up for exactly that purpose. Hope to see you again soon!