Thursday, January 14, 2010

Lego Man-ia

Younger Celting will be 8 later this month. We're doing a dual celebration with YC and Celtic Consort as their birthdays are just 9 days apart. Usually, we do them on different weeks but this year had it's own issues. CC's family is full of January bdays. YC's bday lands on a Wednesday this year and unfortunately, I have to work (from home) this weekend. Not a good idea to plan to have people over.

So I thought okay we'll do the following Saturday to have everyone over for celebratory treats. No go. CC's middle sister has her birthday then. Since she still behaves as though she's a child and her mother indulges this behavior, YC has to wait to celebrate until the 30th. Almost 2 weeks AFTER his own bday. Just so you know, 30th aunt bday trumps 8th nephew bday. So grownup.

ANYHOW, I got side tracked. YC is a HUGE Lego fan. So when I saw this pattern (thanks to my Rav friends), I had to make it. I made a special stop tonight to pick up some red, blue, and yellow to make it. I probably could've raided the stash for something but I knew I didn't have appropriately primary colored yarn. I think that's part of what makes it work for me. The only question is what will Elder Celting think? :)

5 comments:

LaurieG said...

Hmmm. Maybe something like Hallowig w/ appropriately sized female connector for the hair.

DPUTiger said...

I think that pattern looks fantastic. And I think both Celtings will think it's awesome too.

Heather said...

EC is simply going to want one for his bday, too! Save yourself the trouble and knit double :)

Rani said...

That is a pretty amazing pattern.

Rani said...

OH. MY. GOD. I just checked out the Dawvren battle hat. I just bought the pattern and I'm going to the store tomorrow to buy the yarn. My husband and I almost wet our pants laughing so hard at this!

I'm so glad you suggested it! I'll let you know how it goes. ha ha ha.