Thursday, August 21, 2008

Warning Spoilage!

Okay I have Vesper Sock Club Spoilage later in this post so please don't scroll down if you don't want to know.




Alrighty now that that is out of the way....


Here's what I did last night. In anticipation of my new sock club yarn appearing, I plied up my Requiem handspun with the new whorl. I think it may be a little underplied but much better than before. :) I love how the purple plays off the pink and the pink off the green. I'm pretty happy with it. Here's the details: Knitterly Things South African Fine in Requiem, 4oz. I haven't measured wpi, tpi, or yardage yet but I'll let you know when I do. Just yummy.


This makes me confident that I can order some fiber to spin up and then knit for a special gift. I've been checking out Spunky Eclectic's custom colorways. I'm kind of liking the off beat coloring of Boogie Woogie.


Okay so I came home today and found this:


Ms. Julia is so good with coordinating her packages with the goodies inside. Peeling back the tissue I found this delight inside which sent my heart a fluttering.


Imagine what I felt when I pulled it out of the gifty bag to find not only beautiful colors but merino/tencel to boot! YAY!



1 comment:

DPUTiger said...

One of these days, I need to meet this Julia person. That sock club looks fabulous!

Hope to see you around soon! The next time I might be in town for knit night is 9/19. When the crap did I get this busy?