Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Spring has Sprung


I know some of you are wondering what happened to me yesterday. Here I started this lovely new blog and suddenly didn't post. You guys even left nice comments. I felt popular. Well I was busy doing things for the Vernal Equinox. It's not a huge celebration at my house but we do observe. And before you ask, Laurie, no I did not dance naked in the backyard.


Now back to knitting news. I've turned the heel on the brioche socks. I haven't knit in a few days because I've gotten pulled away (my aunt Jane sent me this quiz which I received 9 out of 10)but here it is. Look at how "artsy" the shot looks. Pure dumb luck with the phone cam and my background (my black glass top side table). Anyhow, it's a short row heel to go with the short row toe. I'm loving the construction so far and it's fun to do. So here's to no second sock syndrome.
For those of you looking for a pattern, I'll work it up when I'm done. This is one of my many, fly by the seat of your pants projects. Take a fun idea and run with it. I'm also hoping to cast on a quickie hat for Yarn Harlot's Represent Tour. I need to at least have one but I'd like to do two. After all, Elder Celting has off and on picked up the needles but isn't proficient enough to do a hat yet. I think he should be represented as well since you want to hold up the example of the strong male knitter.

2 comments:

LaurieG said...

Now really, how can you call it a celebration if there was no nude dancing around a bonfire??

Rani said...

Glad your back! I've been a loyal subscriber . . . for 3 days. Anyway, really cool picture. And love the colors!