Monday, April 23, 2007

In The Groove

Well as you can see, I've made a lot of progress on my shawl. I would say I worked on it enough that 1/2 an evening of knitting will finish it off. This includes the likely frogging to get a couple rows of garter as the finishing edge. I was just in the groove yesterday. So much so that when it was time to put it down and go to bed, this is what I saw.
That's right, Dear Reader, that's a groove in my index finger. Before you think that color is bruising, it's just rub off from the yarn. It all happens due to the fact that I'm a "picker" and wrap my yarn in my left hand. Why I've started causing this groove due to tension these days, I don't know. You would think I'd have tight knitting but I'm a loose knitter. I have to go down 2 needles sizes on average to get gauge. Oh well, at least I'm enjoying myself.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Yikes! The things we do for (objects of) beauty! Can't wait to see the sparkle in person!

Emily said...

that happens to me a fair bit - especially using cotton or silk, generally unstretchy fibres. have you ever tried denim? Lots of groove, lots of blue!