Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Happy Birthday Younger Celting

So I've been MIA due to preparations and celebrations for YC's birthday this past Sunday. This is birthday number 6 for him and I'm wondering where the time has gone. I'm already cringing for EC's birthday in April as he's hitting double digits. In all the hustle bustle, Laurie emailed me at work to see if I had seen my Knitting Pattern A Day calendar on Thursday. I took a look and guess what I saw:
Hello? Has she been reading me? You can find the designer here. Funny part about it was that Laurie hadn't even seen the Friday pattern until I emailed back laughing.



Anyhow, YC got this which Dad already helped him build. And Mom and Dad got him this:
We've already been trying to be a rock star but haven't made it yet. However, both boys have said that "Mom ROCKS!" Woohoo!



So speaking of birthdays, my mother's is coming quick on the heels of YC's on Sunday followed next week by the Celtic Consort's a week from today. She loves socks so I was thinking maybe some Noro ones. Julia gifted me with a skein and I used my borrowed niddy noddy to split it in half. I've cast on and started up the toe of the Riverbed pattern from Cat Bordhi's book. I'm loving the soft transition of the greens but I'm anxious for the purples. Anywho, I've found the fabric is much softer than the ball would have you think but I'm waiting for the final soak and spin before I say if I would use it again.

That leaves my Lenore's patiently waiting for me to return to them as well as Rogue nibbling into knitting time. I've started on the cable on the front just before the hood split. I'm making time but will be stalled a little with those socks. With that said, the Notre Dame sweater made an appearance at the birthday party on Saturday. See, it fits perfect and is well loved. :) Yay!



Oh and I stopped in at Heather's blog and saw her post about her name. I've always loved to hear what is said about mine so here's what I found. Note that it says I'm the total package

What Sara Means

You are the total package - suave, sexy, smart, and strong.
You have the whole world under your spell, and you can influence almost everyone you know.
You don't always resist your urges to crush the weak. Just remember, they don't have as much going for them as you do.

You are usually the best at everything ... you strive for perfection.
You are confident, authoritative, and aggressive.
You have the classic "Type A" personality.

You are wild, crazy, and a huge rebel. You're always up to something.
You have a ton of energy, and most people can't handle you. You're very intense.
You definitely are a handful, and you're likely to get in trouble. But your kind of trouble is a lot of fun.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Happy Birthday, YC! And great sweater! It looks really nice on her. YOU knit that??? *giggle*

LaurieG said...

The world under your spell!! Hee, hee!