Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Finishing and Finishing





I finished my Noro Riverbed socks! Aren't they neat? I had a lot of fun with this one even though the leg seemed to take forever because it's taller than I normally do. I was shooting for complete consumption but my count on the niddy noddy must've been off. Good excuse to order a yarn meter which I've been wanting anyhow.
And... I'm doing the finishing on Rogue tonight. I steamed out the pieces on my day off yesterday while there was no one to just fling it to one side as it dried and ruin my blocking. YAY! I'm all excited to wear it for Friday knitting.

Since I've finished two projects and I had much success teaching my brioche class Saturday. (Hi Ann! Hi Kate!), I had a small(ish) falling down at Bloomin' Yarns on Saturday. I picked up patterns and kits for Tulip and Rocketry. I also picked up some Opal in a Bethel Park style colorway to do socks for the boys, black yarn to work out the Faux Fairisle Hoodie, and the Tulip for Women pattern. I was tempted to start buying yarn for that but controlled myself.... somewhat. Miss Carly was there as well and I helped her start grafting her toe on her Steeler sock.


But before I start on Faux Fairisle, I'm going to finish Lenore. You remember... October's RSC sock from last year? I started on them before I was gifted with the Noro from Julia which screamed for attention. So I'm determined to make progress on them before I start digging in on Elder Celting's Faux Fairisle.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I can't believe how fast you finished that Rogue! It's beautiful, and I can't wait to see it on you. I'll bring your order and your Clown in a Blender tomorrow night!

Heather said...

Hey! Don't forget... Spinning on Sunday!